Information on where to stay
Check links below
IBERO2022 will be held in Rio de Janeiro from December 10th to 15th, 2022. Participants are responsible for all travel arrangements and hotel reservation.
Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort will host the IBERO2022 conference. Special rates have been negotiated for participants. For reservation, click on the link below to check room availability and rates for the conference.
Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort
Av. Niemeyer, 121 – Leblon Rio de Janeiro
Phone: +55 21 2274 1122
Depending on your nationality, you may need to apply and obtain a visa before traveling to Brazil (visas cannot be obtained at the airport or port of entry). Brazil maintains a fully reciprocal visa policy and has visa waiver agreements with certain countries. Please check well in advance whether you need a visa to enter Brazil on the Brazilian Ministry of External Relations website.
For further information on visa application requirements, please contact the Brazilian Embassy or Consulate General that holds jurisdiction over your specific area of residence. A list of Brazilian diplomatic and consular missions abroad is available on the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
For those who need a visa, a 90-day tourist visa is sufficient to attend the IBERO2022.
How to get to IBERO2022
Rio de Janeiro has two airports: Tom Jobim International Airport (GIG) and Santos Dumont Airport (SDU). Both airports have tourists and visitors support , as well very helpful staff.
The IBERO2022 venue is at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort in Leblon.
The main transportation in Rio are subways, buses and Bus Rapid Transit (BRT). Most of transfers, Uber and taxi drivers in Rio speak English. Public transportation does not support it.
Access the links below to be aware how it all works and be carefull to be safe.
- Subway: www.metrorio.com.br
- Bus: www.vadeonibus.com.br
- BRT: brtrio.com
- Bikes: www.mobilicidade.com.br/bikerio.asp
Official Travel Agency
HELP WITH YOUR TRAVEL
If you need any help or orientation with your travel to Brazil, get in touch with IBERO 2022´s official travel agency:
FRAUDULENT HOUSING COMPANY ALERT
• Beware of "housing pirates" that may contact you by phone or email. These are scams. IBERO does NOT solicit by phone or email for hotel reservations.
• We are already aware that a company is calling IMSC participants and exhibitors claiming that they have important information about IBERO conference.
• Remember, IBERO does not solicit attendees for housing reservations. Please do not be baited by anyone who does.
• IBERO is not responsible for and cannot guarantee any reservations made through any third-party housing provider. We look forward to seeing you in Rio de Janeiro!
GET IN TOUCH
The 3rd Iberoamerican Conference on Mass Spectrometry 2022 will take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It was home to most of the 2016 Summer Olympics and the 2016 Summer Paralympic Games. As all the previous editions, IBERO2022 will cover all aspects of mass spectrometry, from fundamentals to instrumentation and applications, with a "Brazilian seasoning".
Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort. Av. Niemeyer, 121 – Leblon Rio de Janeiro. Phone: +55 21 2274 1122.